About Speck Design
Speck Design creates product experiences. Speck Design is a team of strategists, designers, and makers who have been helping companies identify and create new and better products for 20 years. Clients including Google, Samsung, Audi, and Silicon Valley’s leading start-ups come to Speck when they want to create innovative products and need a team who is able to conduct generative research, apply world-class design, and engineer for manufacturing all under one roof. We’re driven to design products that elevate our humanity and look to work with companies who have like-minded aspirations. By bringing together FutureBrand’s ability to create forward thinking brand strategies and Speck’s ability to design next generation products and services, the combined team brings its clients' brands to life in a way that is both timely and authentic.
As a Business Development Manager at Speck you will identify and grow existing and new client relationships across the full range of Speck’s services. You will manage account development efforts and foster relationships with executive decision makers to achieve account revenue goals and collaborate with teams of designers, strategists, program managers, and engineers to ensure our client’s goals are achieved.
You will articulate Speck’s unique value proposition and apply a consultative approach to understand client’s business objectives and craft engagements that leverage our design and innovation methods. You must deeply understand Speck’s culture, work style, and aspirations. You will be responsible for writing proposals and negotiating contract terms. You have a working knowledge of product development best practices and in partnership with your colleagues can lead our clients through the process.
- You own your new business opportunity pipeline, providing accurate and timely reporting to the executive team.
- You proactively communicate with prospective clients to drive demand for Speck services.
- You actively manage the proposal process to win complex projects.
- You gain intimate understanding of your clients’ business strategy, organizational structure, and decision-making process.
- You keep your finger on the pulse of market and technology trends that will affect our clients’ businesses.
- You contribute to project kickoffs and key deliverable presentations.
- You maintain Speck’s world class reputation for insights, design and engineering services.
Measure of success:
- Achieving annual revenue contribution goals
- Achieving new client acquisition targets
- Demonstrating proactive ability in reaching executive decision makers for the innovation work that Speck does
- Receiving positive peer reviews from colleagues across Speck reflecting your roles as a leader and team player
Someone with high aspirations and are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to make a big impact in the world. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- Experience selling premium consulting services with a track record in leading cross-functional business development processes to achieve revenue targets.
- An exceptional business acumen.
- Strong understanding of the creative process and design thinking.
- An ability to lead the strategy for a new client opportunity and lead the big meeting when it happens.
- A network of colleagues and past clients who respect you immensely.
- A problem solving nature that evidences itself in the ability to proactively craft engagements in ambiguous situations.
Come to Speck Design to do the best work of your life.
Please mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your job title and role you're applying for in the email subject line.