About Speck Design
We are a multidisciplinary and dynamic team with the goal to envision and design products that will impact millions. To that end, we are assembling the top Designers, Engineers, Strategists and Design Researchers to create a more positive future for people and our clients. If you live and breathe design, if you research, invent, and design high-value experiences with passion and method, this might be right for you.
If you are a systems thinker and consider high-level product vision by understanding constraints and love building a fantastic customer experience, then you’ll enjoy how we work at Speck Design.
If you communicate visually and can express your ideas with skill and grace whether standing at a whiteboard, drawing on a napkin, or presenting on screen - this could be the right design environment for you.
The Speck Design team understands that building proofs of concept and iterating helps us explore, fail and learn quickly. We work at varying levels of fidelity and are always interested in trying new tools and methods. We encourage flexibility in your approach to design.
Speck will consider candidates requiring relocation, however, the candidate will be responsible for their own in-person interview travel costs and all relocation costs.
The position offered is that of Visual Designer working at Speck Design. You will have a unique opportunity to participate as a technology leader in decisions affecting product design from concept through production. You will provide visual design insight for designing products for a variety of clients. You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work within cross-disciplinary teams, have superior creative and innovative ability supported by a broad knowledge and skill base, and a proven track record of successful design execution, both as an individual contributor and in team settings. Visual design experience is required in two or more of the following areas:
- Quickly and authoritatively make design decisions that balance user experience and data inputs
- Develop high-level storyboards/journeymaps, infographics, mockups, workflows, IA, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, design ideas, and data visualization
- Own all aspects of the UX design while working cross-functionally with industrial designers and researchers
- Have an understanding of all stages of the product cycle
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Bonus points: Understand the printing process, setting up files for print, working with keylines/dielines and printers
This position requires the ability to work proactively and independently while interacting with the client, vendors, management, and other employees. Self-starting and self-management abilities are critical, as is the ability to understand the full picture of product development. Efficient use of time is critical to maintaining our clients’ aggressive schedules.
- Lead interaction initiatives on client and internal projects
- Identify and scope projects around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
- Be a resource in multiple areas of product design.
- Understand, dissect, and solve complex design challenges, both independently and as a member of a design team.
- Organize time, work efficiently, and meet aggressive project development schedules.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Promote a culture of excellence by delivering a high-quality client experience.
- Deep experience in creating and revising interaction design artifacts including: high level conceptual work, diagrams and flows, icons, detailed wireframes with annotations, experience maps, modernizing the UX patterns
- Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers best results
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and has an exceptional eye for detail
- A passion for making beautiful, engaging products.
- Work cross functionally and help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets across multiple platforms.
- Expert in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and business products like Power Point and Key Note.
- Nice to have: After Effects, Invision, Experience Design, Muse
- Bachelor’s degree in UX/ID, Communications or graphic design.
- Experience working in a consultancy, ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile development process
- A portfolio that shows a range of customer focused or user focused interaction design solutions.
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals.
- Ability to work in SF or Peninsula office.
What is Speck like?
These are the words we have heard from our team:
Innovation at the intersection of technology and humanity. Creative Abundance. Relentless integrity. Diverse everything - from people to thinking. Kind and effective – imagine that. Wicked smart. Passionately passionate. So funny I spit out of my nose at happy hour. Results driven – which says a lot in the innovation business. Happy.
Come to Speck Design to do the best work of your life.
Please mail your resume to email@example.com with your job title and role you're applying for in the email subject line.