About Speck Design
We imagine the future – and then we create it. Speck Design creates product experiences. We are a team of strategists, designers, and makers who have been helping companies identify and create new and better products for 20 years. Clients including Google, Ford, Facebook, and Silicon Valley’s leading start-ups come to us when they want to create innovative products and need a team who is able to conduct generative research, apply world-class design, and engineer for manufacturing all under one roof. We’re driven to design products that elevate our humanity and look to work with companies who have like-minded aspirations.
Speck Design joined FutureBrand, a leading strategic brand and design consultancy, in 2016. Beyond the breadth of expertise at FutureBrand, we benefit from being part of the lnterpublic Group, one of the world's premier advertising and marketing services agencies. We collaborate with our sister companies to bring our clients’ brands to life in a way that is both timely and authentic.
About the Role
Speck Design is seeking a Studio Manager to join our team in Redwood Shores. This is a unique opportunity to manage various operational initiatives for the office and the leadership team while maximizing efficiency and processes where possible.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide organizational, logistical, and planning support on all levels.
- Come to acquire a deep understanding of the leadership team’s needs and the company’s strengths and weaknesses that potential problems can be anticipated and resolved before they become significant.
- Will work with all staff on behalf of the leadership team, which implies a high level of diplomatic skills.
- Flexibility across all teams and departments to provide support where needed and keep office initiatives running efficiently and effectively.
- Provide overall facility support to Speck Design in order to promote an efficient and timely work environment.
- Provide support to the Speck Design office with regards to sorting, distributing, collating, administering postage and deciphering unknown mail. Maintain sufficient money for the operation of the postage machine as well as keeping records of postage used/sent.
- Responsible for UPS and Federal Express packages being sent as well as received.
- Receiving and coordinating the distribution of packages and mail daily
- Managing heavy calendaring and travel coordination (domestic & international)
- Assist with Speck seminars/conferences with set up and break down of conference rooms.
- Greeting visitors, including ensuring completion of necessary paperwork
- Coordinating the booking of conference rooms
- Schedule and organize internal and external activities, including meetings
- Implement culture activities and procedures as directed from Marketing and other BD departments
- Manage expense reports and time entering for leadership team.
- Prepare and disseminate Purchase Orders through proper understanding and utilization of the internal process.
- Process invoices; review vendor invoices for accuracy and ensure invoices are submitted for payment in a timely manner.
- Maintain freight area and office supply inventory, replenish supplies daily, and initiate orders of office supplies as well as toner cartridges, light bulbs, copy paper, facsimile paper and laser printer supplies.
- Maintain kitchen area, including general cleaning, restock of refrigerators and kitchen supplies, daily maintenance of coffee machines and accompanying supplies
- Ensure the paper supply is fully stocked at all copy/fax stations.
- Maintaining conference room set-ups as well as providing requested overhead projectors, TV/VCR hookups and flip charts, additional seating and special requests. Also responsible for storage of easels and flip charts.
- Replace broken light bulbs, move office furniture and adjust/repair office furniture.
- Support the HR Lead of North America with new hire on-boarding such as collection of paperwork on Day 1 and ensure work station, email and equipment is set-up prior to start.
- Field HR requests when necessary and escalate to HR Lead.
- Update office guides, phone lists and other documents as necessary.
- Liaison with IT on equipment and any IT related issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years in a related position and in an agency setting is a plus
- Ability to create a friendly and professional rapport with internal staff and external parties
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize changing priorities
- Ability to define problems, and use independent judgment to resolve issues
- Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to be punctual and flexible with working after hours as needed
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and presence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters and respond effectively to such situations
- Proficient in MS Office and basic technology
Come to Speck Design to do the best work of your life.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your job title and role you're applying for in the email subject line.